I'm Jason Peck. I'm a sports and social media follower, entrepreneur (founder of Highway 24 Media, LLC and North Hills Buzz) product manager (social media/community at eWayDirect), consultant and blogger. This blog focuses on sports sponsorship, social media, social networking, and whatever else I find interesting. If you'd like to get some thoughts on the intersection of sports business and social media please subscribe to Take A Peck via email or RSS so you don't miss anything.
If you're on Twitter, I'd love to connect with you and get to know you, so feel free to follow me there. If you'd like to learn more about my professional background, please see my profile on LinkedIn.
I originally started this blog back in March 2006 as a place for me to get my thoughts out about advertising, which was my focus and main interest in college. When I landed a job in sports marketing/consulting, I decided to focus this blog more towards my knowledge in sports and what I was reading about outside of work that related to the sports business world. I was also always very interested in new media, the internet and blogging, so I started writing about the two things that interested me the most - sports and social media.
As this blog has grown I've had the opportunity to meet some other bloggers and brilliant people and exchange ideas, so I'd say that blogging has definitely been worth it just for that.
Press and Media
Sports Biz Feed, a site that aggregates major sports business blogs so you don't have to waste time looking at multiple websites for news.
North Hills Buzz, a blog-community discussing news restaurants and anything else relating to North Hills, a growing area in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Active Dollhouse - an experiment in TV show blogging. My roommate and I built the site from zero to 13k unique visitors and almost 40k page views in a month--using only social media for promotion. Sadly, the show was canceled after the second season.
See below for more about me.
- Education - University of North Carolina: B.A., Journalism and Mass Communication, Advertising Sequence; Creative Writing Minor. I graduated in 2006
- Personality profile - ENTP
- Interests - lots of them
- Activities - working out, grilling out, basketball, surfing, snowboarding
- Favorite destinations
- Aspen, CO
- Park City, Utah
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Sunset Beach, NC
- Miami, FL
- Anywhere in Italy
- Number of cell phones ruined by water - 2
- I enjoy really challenging workouts - Crossfit, P90x, Navy SEALs training, kettlebells and more traditional stuff. No marathons yet.
- Beach or Mountains? - depends on the season
- Favorite TV show - too close to call. Sportscenter, Entourage and Mad Men are high on the list.